Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does anyone know about this soldering station??

Status
Not open for further replies.
patroclus said:
http://www.aoyue.com/en/ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=364

It is chinese, but its heater is japanese. It's quite cheap and seems to have quite a lot of uses. I just can't afford those expensive Weller stations...

Does anyone know about these?
Does anyone own one?

thanks

You'd be better off buying a used Weller on ebay (I'm sure something that fits your budget) than what shows up in the link. IMO.

Sorry for my ignorance (better called inexperience in the area), but those WELLER soldering station cost more than 200 euros (266 dollars), and they only have temperature control iron. For less than that, I can buy the solderin station I linked (some people I asked said it worked fairy well, and mainly used for mobile phones reparation, for example). It has temperature control iron and hot aire.
A station with just temperature controled iron from thay link would cost only 50-60 dollars...

Does it really worth it?? Can you tell me any objetive fact that really matters in a WELLER station?? Maybe I'm missing something. I'd aprecite it.
thanks.

Just buy a used one on ebay like optikon said. It will be way cheaper. I recently bought a good power supply on there for less than half of what it would cost new. Actually, come to think of it, the power supply WAS new.

but about what I said in my last post... I would like to know WHY expending so much more would be so great. I mean, I know that quality has its cost, but I'm not asking for high end professional results... the soldering station I linked is temperature controlled, and has some fine tips,...
Can you guys, that have experience, tell me some facts that make the weller station worth the effort??
(by the way I live in Spain, buy things to US has an extra cost..)

thank you

One thing that I would consider is the availability of parts, especially heaters and tips. I see that ModZone, ( Spain ) carries the line.

**broken link removed**

If you can't get parts, especially a few years from now, any money saved will be lost if the company does not keep a repair/maintenance inventory, or obsoletes equipment regularily.

I know 2 or 3 internet shops in Spain, and one in Germany, that sell replacements...
An analog AOYUE station costs around 50 dollars, and digital for 70.
A weller WS-51 costs 200 dollars... It's a huge difference. Unfortunately can't spend much...

I think I will be able to get replacements for some time, and is not much money. My question is.. why is weller station so great? what are the facts?

I really apreciate this info thak you

patroclus said:
but about what I said in my last post... I would like to know WHY expending so much more would be so great. I mean, I know that quality has its cost, but I'm not asking for high end professional results... the soldering station I linked is temperature controlled, and has some fine tips,...
Can you guys, that have experience, tell me some facts that make the weller station worth the effort??
(by the way I live in Spain, buy things to US has an extra cost..)

thank you

Patroclus, the voice of experience is telling you that by spending more on a quality brand, you will get the most life & use out of it. One valid reason the overseas no-name brand is so low cost is that they assemble it with dirt-cheap labor (OTA shoddy) and take all kinds of short cuts including proper testing. If that brand was REALLY that good, it would be known and likely put Hakko & Weller out of business yes??

The choice is yours but if you go with cheapo, plan on buying several over the rest of your electronics career.. IMO!

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back