Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DIY membrane switch suggestions needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most will work mounted on metal, providing the mounting is secure and is at the same potential as the circuit common.

Imagewerx said:
(do all newbies here get this sort of treatment?)
No, some get it worse...:)

Maybe you could use something like these... made by Snaptron...

**broken link removed**

(click the pic to go to their website)

Most will work mounted on metal, providing the mounting is secure and is at the same potential as the circuit common.
Thanks for that,in which case I've ordered one of these to play with,as long as the sensor board will work buried under car body filler I'll be a happy man.

**broken link removed**

Maybe you could use something like these... made by Snaptron...

**broken link removed**

(click the pic to go to their website)

Thanks for the link but it looks like I'd have to order at least 10,000 of them which would leave me wondering what to do with th 9,998 that would be left over (LOL or something like that!)

Chris.

I didn't necessarily mean that you should order them from Snaptron... it was just the first example to come up in a Google search. I have a bunch of them I removed from old keypads. If you were in the US (or I were in the UK), I would just drop a few in an envelope and mail them to you!

wouldnt it be easier to just adjust the sensitivity of the laser? i.e. microchip "debounce" plus a timer to only interrupt the signal after laser has been broken for n seconds?

Last edited:
I didn't necessarily mean that you should order them from Snaptron... it was just the first example to come up in a Google search. I have a bunch of them I removed from old keypads. If you were in the US (or I were in the UK), I would just drop a few in an envelope and mail them to you!
Sorry but I was being a bit facetious,thanks for the link but I'm going to try the capacitive prox thing next.
wouldnt it be easier to just adjust the sensitivity of the laser? i.e. microchip "debounce" plus a timer to only interrupt the signal after laser has been broken for n seconds?
Quite possibly it would but in the winter it could well be permanantly blocked so I'm abandoning any sort of optical sensing methods for now,also I'm running out of research time as this thing needs to be finished ASAP.

Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back