Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DIY audio scope - cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nigel, I'm looking at t-900 soldering tips for SMD work.

This one has a 0.2mm tip, I believe. Ordered 3.

**broken link removed**

I can't find the tweezers I ordered last year so have ordered more. grr

MCU88, thank you, I looked at Tayda Electronics and made my first order.

Subtotal $12.80
Shipping & Handling $3.13
Grand Total $15.93

To bad about the shipping cost, about 1/4 the order.
They had some things I could not get at Banggood or Futurlec.

MCU88, thank you, I looked at Tayda Electronics and made my first order.
You mark my word you will be impressed with Tayda Electronics. Even the quality of the packaging is excellent. The shipping speed is lightning fast. The customer service is also great. I have spent about AUD 5K at Tayda over the last 3-years. I am planning to open an 'real world' hobby electronics shop in a few more years. I am slowly gathering stock together from all over the place. eBay as well. I need to start and buy tools next. Soldering stations. De-soldering guns. Multimeters. DSOs. Lab power supplies. Lab function generators. Hand tools: pliers, side cutters, wire strippers etc...

FREE coffee all day everyday in my shop ;) 24-hour trading hours 7-days a week. You just press the door buzzer button and I wake up to serve you.

Let me know how your first deal with Tayda goes. I should mention too that every so often they have discount 15% off everything coupons on facebook...

I ordered this one:

**broken link removed**

Primarily because it includes a cable which (hopefully) will plug straight on.

I also ordered a pack of 5, without leads, as they should come in handy.

https://www.banggood.com/5Pcs-PL2303HX-USB-To-RS232-TTL-Chip-Converter-Adapter-Module-p-951147.html

I also ordered a few other bits and bobs, I can't help myself :D

Nice ARM board you've ordered - but I'm not going there! (probably).

Hi again Nigel and others here,

Wow, they have some really good prices there. Almost unbelievable. Almost makes it seem like buying single chips alone is a waste when we can get the whole board.

I wonder how safe it is to use a credit card with them?
How do you guys usually pay for your stuff there?

Your bank, at least any half decent bank of size, power and customer priority will promptly cover you in the event of fraudulent activity.

The consequences of fraud are just not worth it in most parts of America. You'd get 3 to 5 and you'll be out in 4. In Australia, however, though - you'll get a slap on the wrist. It is nice to sleep at night though, and not constantly watching over your back as you walk the streets at night. This is the deterrent for me! Undercover Police coverts chasing you around and drugging you up on sodium pentothol you'll be sweating and shaking all over the place...

Last edited:
Hi again Nigel and others here,

Wow, they have some really good prices there. Almost unbelievable. Almost makes it seem like buying single chips alone is a waste when we can get the whole board.

My point exactly, it's so cheap and they have such a huge range of useful stuff.

Even better it's free postage, it might take a few weeks but it's not like you're paying for it :D

But because of the cheap prices, and the time it takes for delivery, I tend to usually order multiples - so if I want one I'll order three, and keep them in stock.

I'm currently playing with their DFPlayer Mini MP3 modules.

https://www.banggood.com/DFPlayer-Mini-MP3-Player-Module-For-Arduino-p-969191.html

I've installed one on a piece of veroboard, along with four tact switches (also from Bangood - I ordered 100 of them), and it works fine from the four switches - I'm currently connecting it to a PIC where you send it commands via RS232, which is also working fine (I managed to get a bit of it done yesterday, after building the scope). In particular, I've got the PIC telling it to repeat play track one, which is something I wanted it for - continually playing a particular sound, even better it feeds a speaker directly.

I'm so impressed with it I ordered three when I ordered the USB/RS232 adaptor yesterday - and I've just had some 4Gb microSD cards come (from Amazon) to use in them.

I pay via PayPal - simply because that was how I happened to make my first order (the Component Tester), and it automatically goes to that now when I place an order.

But be aware, it's addictive! :D

Ordered mine on the 4th April, turned up on the 13th April :)

Just got to find some time to build it as I've just started a new job ........

Nigel, Since you are happy with the mp3 module I ordered one.
I was curious about it.

Just placed another order with Tayda Electronics. Bought the case and stuff Banggood does not have.
This site seems to focus on ele. stuff. Gonna be useful.

About the ARM Cortex-M3 STM32F103C8T6 STM32 Minimum System Development Board With Mini USB
offered by Banggood. The board doesn't come with USB to TTL (USART) module converter.

So ordering the CJMCU CP2102 USB To TTL/Serial Module UART STC Downloader For Arduino from Banggood will hopefully solve the problem. Waiting for that to arrive.

This to program the scope.

https://www.banggood.com/ARM-Cortex...inimum-System-Development-Board-p-920184.html

https://www.banggood.com/CJMCU-CP2102-USB-To-TTLSerial-Module-UART-STC-Downloader-p-970993.html

I think you are correct, Nigel. Fact is, I don't know what I'm doing.
I'll focus on the converter and see what I have to do.
That should be easier to understand than the STM32!
Thanks for the clue.

I have saved that page. I'm waiting for the ttl/usb board delivery .
Meanwhile, I can not find a usb driver for the STM32 board.
Not fun at all.

Posting a couple of pictures of the one iv assembled, with mutch difficulty due to surface mount components & my age. The sine wave is the local 50Hz mains, &
DIY CRO 1Khz test.1.JPG
DIY CRO 1Khz test.2.JPG
DIY CRO 50Hz mains.JPG
the bottom of the wave is cut off & I just canot get the zero line go to the center of the screen per the instructions. The square wave is the test sig & the same problem. What am I missing? Ive also found a seller in HongKong selling these CROs fully assembled for $8 more, so have ordered one to see if its any better. Prety mutch half the wave form is off the bottom of the screen.

Last edited:
I'm 67 and could not find a tweezers when I had to deal with those 19 resistors. Used a tiny screwdriver to move and hold in place the buggers. Thick gooey rosin helped too.
Your soldering looks good.

I have been frustrated with the trace going off screen too. I have been able to move it up so far.
Is the trace set to hold? Looks like the input is on gnd. Perhaps the trace position does not work in that mode.
I have not checked this.

You're brave to measure your house voltage. Hope you used a x10 probe.

Last edited:
The mains was from a 3v ac transformer, & my soldering wasn't that good in some areas. Pic of soldering the chip resistor. Soldered the surface mount IC wrong way around, & managed to remove it with out damaging the solder pads. The replacement ICs I got had pin 1 marked with a dot, & were cheep enough bought 10 for $5 freight free. Yep im younger than you 66yrs.
DIY CRO Surface mount.1.JPG
DIY CRO Surface mount.3.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back