Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DIY Apollo moon rocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

3v0

Coop Build Coordinator
Forum Supporter
I would like to build a working Apollo moon rocket. I do not have the room to build a full sized rocket, but since I will be going to the moon alone a smaller on will do.

I have heard that the apollo computers were pocket calculators. There should be no problem to make this work using a couple of old XP boxes. I am thinking Java Script. O maybe just go with a Basic Stamp. I have never programmed but I think I can manage it with a bit of help.

This is my plan for the rocket and motor.
**broken link removed**
I hope to finish it time to start on my lunar colony by the 4th of July.

What do you think.
(3v0)

What have you been putting in your coffee?:confused:

Maybe you should get together with Billy Bob Thorton and rent a large barn for this project! "Ground control to Major Tom?"

**broken link removed**

Sure I will help!
I have cryogenic liquids handling certification so I can do the liquid oxygen an hydrogen fueling for you! And I am able to purchase it in the United States at near cost too! I also got mad skills with machining and welding too!

Plus living ing North Dakota I could get you a good launching site with a loads of public suport and turn out for the event! Unlike the rest of the world our local officials would cheer you on and be helpful!

And of course all of this comes at a price! $$$$$$$$$ :D

Or is this just a model rocket? :(

Your V2 will only get from France to England, I couldn't find Apollo schematics but would this Vostok-R do?
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
You'll have to hold your breath, I don't think the V2 was pressurized. Personally I would start with something simpler like a ME-163. I'm pretty sure that's the standard "Hello World" for Rocket Scientists. Besides you don't need a launch platform and it's even got room for you (unlike the V2)
**broken link removed**

hi 3v0,

Its too late, Ive beaten you to it, sadly it was a one way trip.!

See the 'proof' near the Eastern crater...:D

Last edited:
Well I guess THAT puts an end to THAT.

I suppose you already cornered the marked on the stuff NASA left behind.

3v0

Yes, I have all the space junk, but no one up here to sell it too.!:(

hello i am building moon rocket apollo moon rocket prjck too. pls give schematics program sores code list of materials list. i want a SIMPLE apollo rocket project that is SIMPLE and use SIMPLE parts that are SIMPLE to find SIMPLE and SIMPLE SIMPLE SIMPLE. plz help, thx.

hello i am building moon rocket apollo moon rocket prjck too. pls give schematics program sores code list of materials list. i want a SIMPLE apollo rocket project that is SIMPLE and use SIMPLE parts that are SIMPLE to find SIMPLE and SIMPLE SIMPLE SIMPLE. plz help, thx.

Here ya go Duffy, EXTREMELY easy to build. It's all analog.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

For around $1 million I can get you into space! Or at least most of you will get there. ;)

I may need about $10 million more it you plan to be alive when you get there. :p
And probably another $50 million plus if you want to get back alive! :D

And payment has to be cash up front though!
But I promise I will come in under budget! :)

^^
I have a space orbit class assignment that is due in this week, but I have been too lazy to do anything about it until now. I am willing to pay somebody to undertake the work and let me take the credit for it. I have citizenship in the country I am living in, so the taxpayer will foot the bill for any expenses I rack up, since I will probably always fail to produce anything myself and will eventually end up scrounging from the social assistance program.

Please provide details of where I can direct the social services to send the money each week.....

For my next project Im planning a manned landing on the Sun.

Ive equiped my rocket with an 'audioguru' tracking transmitter so that I can keep in touch with ground control.

Before any sceptics say that I will get fried when I make the Sun landing, Ive thought of that,........ I'm going at night.;)

Here ya go Duffy, EXTREMELY easy to build. It's all analog.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

hi Gabe,
A technological spin off from your idea would help the OP who wants to change his voice from male to female....thinking outside the box, if you get my drift.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back