Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Distance Learning Courses

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThermalRunaway

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in obtaining an Electronics degree for both personal interest and career goals, but unfortunately I already work full-time so am not in a position to attend Uni on a full time basis.

I've been looking into some distance learning courses whereby you obtain a degree by working at home in your spare time, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much support for Electronics related degree courses in the distance learning colleges I have tried. I've already tried the OU and a few others but no real success.

Has anyone here managed to study an Electronics distance learning course to degree level and, if so, where did you study it?

Thanks,

Brian

I've considered that yes, and I did make some enquiries last year but my local college were not running their evening course due to lack of interest. This has been the case for quite some years now, and I'm sure that it's going to catch up with the world one day.

Today everyone seems to be shouting "Where's our plumbers" which is part of the reason why plumbing is so well paid these days. Perhaps tomorrow they'll be shouting "where's our electronics engineers" (and where are our techs), and perhaps then we'll be back in business :)

Brian

ThermalRunaway said:
I've considered that yes, and I did make some enquiries last year but my local college were not running their evening course due to lack of interest. This has been the case for quite some years now, and I'm sure that it's going to catch up with the world one day.

There's a lack of interest because there's no money in it!, that's why the courses aren't been run these days. Plus it's not a degree course anyway, so not really what you want?.

Well there's not a lot of money in the end of the electronics trade I'm currently in, but there is some money to made in other branches of electronics, hence my interest to progress my qualifications.

The colleges I enquired at were mostly running HNC or HND courses but the local uni was offering a degree course for study during evening time. I'll be following that up again this year.

Thanks for the advice everyone

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back