Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Disabling Auto logout in the chatroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan1

G'day Electromaster,
This new chat is a great tool and some of us forum members have become good online friends since it started. But the one big peeve is this auto logout, it seems if you dont chat for awhile the forum auto logs you out.

Most times I join I see do see other members in the chat but very soon after they are auto logged out.

I'm sure this annoying bug can be sorted out if you choose to do so.

Regards Bryan

G'day bryan,
I haven't experienced hat problem because I won't stay idle for a long time. I think that can be fixed by extending the session timeout period. The problem is some people just close the chat window rather than clicking on the logout button. The session will continue on the server and will display as a heap on the user list. So with the current settings the inactive sessions will be closed after the timeout period. Hope this answers your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back