Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Diode Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebigbasicq

Can anyone suggest a good diode which has the following characteristics:
1. Extremely low resistance.
2. Used for high frequency applications.
3. Can carry up to 1A of current.
I want to prevent current from flowing in to my solar panel from the charged cells.

:? You're asking for the ideal diode. The faster the weaker, the stronger the slower. I think is quite quite difficult you'll find that magic diode. Maybe if you tell us more info about your circuit or your desires we can build any solution :roll:

i think that for the aplication he needs a fast diode is not required. as for the current, 1A is not a ery high current. but normal diodes have a drop f about 0.6-0.7V, you could use a SCHOTTY diode, but i cant help you here. as for 1A, you can use 1N4001.....4007(the only difference is the voltage-from 20 to 1000)

1N5818/1N5819 has low forward voltage drop (0.3V) as compared to 1V in case of 1N4004-1N4007.

it is OK for 1N4001, but may be you can use 1N5400 insteed bucause it can carry more than 3A of current

The application I am going to use the diode is...

A solar charger. I need to prevent the current from flowing from the charged cells to the solar panel during dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back