Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dimmer circuit help

Status
Not open for further replies.

subzero349

ok... I need to build a circuit to control an ac motor (from a fan or air conditioner - 120VAC) with a single microcontroller pin. I would like to use a triac. Could anyone (Sebi) post a circuit for this? Also I would like to put a dimmer circuit on this circuit to control how fast the motor is turning... can anyone provide me with circuit diagrams for this? It would be greatly appreciated.

Right now I have a triac powering a 120VAC 100W light bulb no problem, but I just wanted to know how to handle the inductive load and how to control the phase in order to dim them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back