DIL switch for capacitance switch array

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinhabahu

Hi guys, I'm a newbie here. It's good to be here. I'm working on my final year project on impedance matching in NFC antennas, and I'll be working on both manual and automatic matching. I have constructed a circuit for the antenna and utilized a DIL switch for my CSA. The CSA has 8 capacitors. Ideally I should be using a DMOS switch but it is not available over here.

The CSA consists of 8 ceramic capacitors and it has the following configuration:

1 x 1 pF
2 x 2.2 pF
1 x 4.7 pF
4 x 10 pF

This arrangement allows me to select a range of capacitances from 0 to about 50 pF. I'd greatly appreciate it if you guys could offer me advice on how to get a CSA with a DIL switch working for this. In particular, how can I get this to switch for manual AND automatic impedance matching?

If you need any more info on my project, please let me know. Many thanks, guys

Sorry, I should've explained the acronyms first.

1) NFC- Near Field Communication.

Near Field Communication - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2) CSA- Capacitance Switch Array.

3) DIL- Same as DIP switch...probably was a typo in the manual I used. The one I'm using is identical to the one in this photo:

FileIP switch 01 Pengo.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4) DMOS- Double-diffused metal–oxide–semiconductor, typically used to make MOSFETs. Both are explained in this article:

MOSFET - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Roland et al give a superb description of how to carry out impedance matching in NFC antennas in this article:

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2010/09/2008_07_23_csndsp08-1.pdf

A more detailed version of this paper is available in IEEE:

IEEE Xplore is Under Maintenance

I am basing my project on the work done by Roland and his colleagues. The circuit is pretty similar, except that I'm using a DIP switch instead of a DMOS switch and I need help in how to best implement this DIP switch. I will also be using a LabJack, which my professor tells me will render a micro-controller unnecessary in my project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…