Digital Vehicle Speedometer Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

K, after spending a couple of days looking at info on rotary switches, I still can't deduce how to build individual pushbutton switches to create binary data out of resistors and diodes. gah... someone please help. :shock:

indecided said:
K, after spending a couple of days looking at info on rotary switches, I still can't deduce how to build individual pushbutton switches to create binary data out of resistors and diodes. gah... someone please help. :shock:

I never suggested pushbutton switches! - you would need considerable electronics to make them latch. What I was suggesting was a single pole eight way rotary switch, along with a handful of diodes to produce a binary sequence.

Ah. That being the case, I just ordered a Thomas & Belts BCD rotary switch.. i'm supposed to get the decimial one and NOT the hexa right? Guess i could afford it since Microchip has been kind enough to sponsor a trio of 16F628As for me

anyways, I also wanted to ask :

is this programmer (F-84 specific) 100% compatible with the F628A?

I know the 628 is backwards compatible but just want to be sure before I build it

**broken link removed**

indecided said:
anyways, I also wanted to ask :

is this programmer (F-84 specific) 100% compatible with the F628A?

I know the 628 is backwards compatible but just want to be sure before I build it

**broken link removed**

As it's specified as compatible with my software it should work fine for the 16F628A.

hi i have had lots of fun reading this article i also wish to do the same thing build a digital speedo, i have the facility for programming pics, there is a counter i.c which will run an lcd unit direct available from maplin. all i want the pic to do is count the pulses coming in then when it reaches a set figure it then sends out a clock pulse. 300 revolutions of the proshaft = 1 mile. so after the pic has reached a count of 300 pulses from a hall effect device it sends out 1 clk pulse to the counter. but i need it obviously to retain the information after power off can any one help on this?????

Hi Nigel
Could you send me a copy of the scanned project, I can not find a copy of it on EPE's web site, I guess it it too old!
I wish to make a speedo for a 5 inch model loco, (wheel size around 3.5 inch to 5 inch) maybe also 7 1/4 inch loco (5 to 7 inch wheel) and I think this may help me, I was planning to use the later PIC 16F628, an 2 x 16 LCD,

Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…