Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Speedometer/Tachometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

r4mejor

I decided I wanted to make a digital speedo/tach as a fun project. So I just got a pic 16f877, hall effect sensor, and 7 segment led displays. But I am new to the electronics thing, but want to learn. Does anyone have any similar projects or can you help get started, hardware and programming. (circuit diagrams/layouts/code/any other hardware advice)

Thanks!

Take a look at my post in this thread:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/increase-range-of-a-rc-car.4053/

I did a run through on a basic tachometer using an LED bargraph which could be easily changed to become a spedo with a 7-seg display. The methodology is for all intents and purposes the same. I made a similar project a couple years ago for a Kawasaki that I own. Wouldn't you know that the speed sensor on the bike makes 11 pulses for every revolution of my front wheel. Using 2*Pi*r I was able to figure out how far my motorcycle moved for every revolution. I'll leave the coding up to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back