Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital led display for thermostat help

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbiblis

I am wanting to learn how to design and build digital led 7-segment displays. I wish to eventually incorporate them into my incubator thermostat design. I also wish to incorporate a humidity display as well. I learned how to make thermostats from ordering a kit and studying it to see how everything worked. I learn best by doing it this way. So what i need help with is if someone knows where i can order a 7-segment digital led display kit that will teach me how to do what i need, it's got to be a simple one though. not a lcd display (i don't like thoughs) please leave me a link or worst case, maybe a easy read link on designing a display for thermostats. Thanks.

Your going to need an analog to digital converter then a digital conversion to multiple seven segment displays. Not a trivial project.

Your easiest and lowest cost solution would be to find a digital panel meter like https://www.rpelectronics.com/English/Content/Items/PM-1029A.asp

These can be purchased for about $15 with LCD or LED displays. They are basically 0-199.9 mVdc input corresponding to 0-1999 on the display. You can move the decimal point display around for a given application.

Last edited:
Sorry the link took me to the lcd. i found the led version on that site. I'm not quite sure as to what the thing does. they don't explain much. Is it ready to go i would just tap into my sensor traces and add a trimpot to calabrate to my sensors voltages?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back