Digital led display for thermostat help

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbiblis

I am wanting to learn how to design and build digital led 7-segment displays. I wish to eventually incorporate them into my incubator thermostat design. I also wish to incorporate a humidity display as well. I learned how to make thermostats from ordering a kit and studying it to see how everything worked. I learn best by doing it this way. So what i need help with is if someone knows where i can order a 7-segment digital led display kit that will teach me how to do what i need, it's got to be a simple one though. not a lcd display (i don't like thoughs) please leave me a link or worst case, maybe a easy read link on designing a display for thermostats. Thanks.

Your going to need an analog to digital converter then a digital conversion to multiple seven segment displays. Not a trivial project.

Your easiest and lowest cost solution would be to find a digital panel meter like https://www.rpelectronics.com/English/Content/Items/PM-1029A.asp

These can be purchased for about $15 with LCD or LED displays. They are basically 0-199.9 mVdc input corresponding to 0-1999 on the display. You can move the decimal point display around for a given application.

Last edited:
Sorry the link took me to the lcd. i found the led version on that site. I'm not quite sure as to what the thing does. they don't explain much. Is it ready to go i would just tap into my sensor traces and add a trimpot to calabrate to my sensors voltages?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…