Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Display Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firewatcher

Hello All,
I am moving to the dizzy heights of a 1990s Blaupunkt Car 300 Radio Cassette, but my command of 'In Car Entertainment' technology is stuck in the 1970s. as is my Motor and worn out Radio Cassette. I still have and can record anything on cassette tapes and this deck hasn't done much work.
The Unit does not have an integral display, but does have output pins marked: SDA-1 BUS Display, SCL-1 Bus Display and MRQ-1 Bus Display. I have searched as far as I can online to find a simple way of displaying the output, but no joy, so looking for some advice here.
I am fine with the other wiring, and if pushed can do without the display, but it is useful when decoding, rather than counting the key presses and hoping the input is what I think it should be.
I am old fashioned all round, so anything that involves a mobile phone is out. I was thinking more on the lines of getting an LCDisplay Unit from a car of the same period and installing that if possible. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated as I don't know anything about data outputs of this nature, or how they are translated into a display.
Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back