Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Combi Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizo

Hi all,

Im taking A2 electronics at school and need some help with a project. I have chosen to try and make a digital combination lock. Id like to have it controlled by a microcontroller as this provides more felxibility and fits in with the course sylabus. Id also like to allow the user to change the code to make it more secure, but the priority would be to make it open on a single code. I understand I will need some sort of keypad preferably a 3*4 num pad with 0-9, # and *. I think thats right anyway. Ill need some sort of micro controller, a PIC or something. And I will need a solenoid as the output.

If anyone has any links to sites that could help, or any circuit diagrams, or any information on how to put it together Id be grateful. Ive never used a PIC so im not certain how I would get it to work.

Thanks,
Jack.

Thanks for that, it was looking fairly simple untill I looked at the source code for the PIC. Heh I'll have to study that a bit.

Anyway, thanks again, it's definately a good starting point.

-Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back