Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

different zener diodes in parallel- what about resistors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mvs sarma said:
Eric, As you are already on the process i would like Kris1 to make it work and learn from the design.
I would, in the mean time try and come out with a so called v.2. Perhaps it is more important that Kris1 should apply himself and learn to improve the design.
hi Sarma,

The problem there are so many things wrong with the design that it would be easier to start again.

Basically all Kris is trying to do is detect a min/max voltage and operate a relay and a buzzer with a start up delay.

It would be easier to design a new circuit from scratch, rather than keep on modifying his present design.

I agree an OP should always try to come up with his own design and post it for comment, I applaud him for doing that.:)

'Agu' has also pointed out some serious shortcomings in the design, as have other members.

At some point we have to say to the OP, go back to the drawing board.

Regards

Kris:
I would suggest you make on a project board, the individual sections of the design and test them out one at a time, use a variable bench power supply in place of the mains connection.

Try out the min/max 4011 detection part first.

Thanks Eric,
In fact this is an element used in Voltage stabilizers, in India, but, the low and high detection is better done using LM324 with preset reference inputs and sense voltages using a pot as used by Kris1.

I wonder whether we can use the trigger and threshold pins of the timer independently. (i mean use it as a single comparator).

BTW, on the way Kris1 designed, he could perhaps use more gating logic and finally drive a single transistor driving a relay.

AG's comments are just Nice.

perhaps the 4011 can be operated at 5V Vcc and the potentiometers so adjusted to meet the needs. The 555 output can be level shifted to match 4011 input. The output of gate(with Pins 1,2&3) can be inverted by the 4th spare gate and used as input at pin5. and finally have only Q2 driving the relay. ... I have to think of refining the present circuit even. All floating concepts.I shall come out shortly with a reasonable logic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back