Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Different pitched piezo's for project

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnrule

Hello, I'm fairly new to electronics, and this isn't a circuitry question, more about components.

Just for fun and practice I'm building a mini electronic "guitar". I'm using a circuit I found before, I believe it was a variation of a Darlington Pair, I could be wrong on the name, but it is two transistors connected in a fashion that amplifies, with two bare wires that, when touched with skin, together, complete a circuit.

Mine will have 5 of these gaps for your fingers, and I don't remember very well but I believe I can just use one pair of transistors.

I need a piezo, I believe, I'm not even sure if that's what I need, to create 5 different guitar pitches. It/they should be able to run off of a 9v battery.

Is this what I need?
Can I do it with one or do I need 5 separate?
How do I use these?

Thanks!

You can buy an electronic organ for only $1.00 in The Dollar Store. It comes with $1.00 worth of batteries.
It has a piezo speaker and a special "organ" IC that you won't find for sale anywhere.

Or you can make the circuit with about 20 parts.

Alright, thanks, that sounds promising. How do I get it to work though?

I have no idea how.

The original thing I did with this type of circuit just used an LED so it was + in and - out, that's it.

A piezo speaker uses a much lower power than a "real" speaker so it is good for a simple electronic organ.
Make an oscillator with two transistors or a 555 timer/oscillator IC and the buttons on the organ select a different resistor that determines the frequency. Use a transistor or a darlington transistor at each button for skin activation.
It can play only one note at a time and the sound is a buzzing square-wave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back