Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Did someone build a USB Reader - to be attached to an older "desk" entertainment center, yet?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon822

I Did purchase a DVD/CD player - and USB reader - to watch movies on my TV, (no doubt most of us have one)... I'll explain further...

- Older "desk" entertainment centers like Pioneer, Onkyo, etc., where back then, the cost was almost $2,000 (or more) US Dollars. Some of these systems have a CD player, Tape Recorder & Player and a Phonograph, to mention some of the components, BUT - no USB reader!!!

- Why a USB reader invention? One might say, well people go and get something new. Then a guy like me says: I like to be able to set it up with couple of hundred songs, and be able to spread some nice harmony throughout my bungalow and "saw logs" in meantime, or something!!!

(Some of you invention hunters, probably drawing out the "cookbook" and others perhaps - cooking?)

Ta - ta

Don't smoke weed while going online.

Your post makes no sense. :facepalm:

Are you asking why old entertainment systems built before USB tech was invented don't have USB functions built into them or are you asking how to attach a common USB memory card based audio device to an older unit through one of the auxiliary inputs? o_O

CD player, Tape Recorder & Player and a Phonograph,

- Way back then, when these assemblies were introduced, someone with "limited imagination and skill", would have addressed

the absence of them perhaps in the same manner. Nevertheless, they exist, they work, don't they?

- Just like CD player, it is self "reliant". We can select one song, or we can play ALL CD's continuously.

- We have, again, the above "assemblies", BUT - no USB reader/Recorder!!! Do we get it, now!

Last edited:
Nope, not a clue. Are yo looking for a dedicated USB audio player/recording device (which already exists and has for some years now, your computer or cell phone you are using now is just one example you already own.) or something else entirely?

Nope, not a clue. Are yo looking for a dedicated USB audio player/recording device (which already exists and has for some years now, your computer or cell phone you are using now is just one example you already own.) or something else entirely?

- It needs to be an addition just like the CD Player or Tape Player/Recorder - "assemblies".

Your question would have been far easier to understand had you simply stated,

' I have an older sound system that I would like to add a USB-type audio player/recorder unit to. Any suggestions? '

Without all the superfluous babble added. :rolleyes::facepalm:

Your question would have been far easier to understand had you simply stated,

' I have an older sound system that I would like to add a USB-type audio player/recorder unit to. Any suggestions? '

Without all the superfluous babble added. :rolleyes::facepalm:
+1

- Older "desk" entertainment centers like Pioneer, Onkyo, etc., where back then, the cost was almost $2,000 (or more) US Dollars. Some of these systems have a CD player, Tape Recorder & Player and a Phonograph, to mention some of the components, BUT - no USB reader!!!

- It's in there you just miss it!

As TCM indicates, USB wasn't released when those systems were considered the "dog's danglies" and cost an arm and a leg, so they wouldn't include USB.

- It's in there you just miss it!

I suggest you look up the term 'Superfluous' and see how it relates to your earlier posts. :rolleyes:

If you have a question to ask get to the points that actually relate to what it is you want to know being most of us don't have the want nor patience to read through someone's random irrelevant babbling in order to try and decipher what it is they may be asking which in your case comes across as if you are asking why the makers of such systems didn't include the addition of a technology that did not exist at the time of their design and manufacture. :facepalm:

'If Columbus had only taken a GPS unit with....' :rolleyes:

ya, babbling adds confusion, even when i do it!
there is usually "aux" port on old devices , that a mp3 player or cellphone can plug in with, i realize that its not exactly what you want but will accommodate the need.

when cd players first came out there was a cassette shaped devices that you would slide in to the tape deck of car, it had a wire that ran out and plugged in to disk-man player headphones, that was state of art at the time....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back