Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Device Identification USB, Ethernet etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dotnet

Hello All

How does one go about implimenting device Identification on a network or bus

You know you plug a USB printer in and it says HP1234.. or what ever and how do devices negotiate tranmission of data when other devices try to send data data at the same time.

I know thid has a specification in the OSI layer model but I need to do the same thing - what interface ICs out there which I can incorporate in to a application without programming.

I'm trying to develop something based on 1wire for machine monitoring.

thanks
D

USB and Ethernet both administer programs to provide unique electronic identifiers to devices from different vendors. Your chances of doing it without programming appear to be remote -- so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back