Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

decoupling capacitor help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jawadlateef

hi all
i am using a RF module for communication operating at 433 MHz. i need to attach a decoupling capacitor with power supply can u tell me the exact value what it should be?
requirement is supply voltage ripple should be less than 10mV.

Also do i need additional capacitor say 10 uF at a distance (on power supply) for ripple removal.
thanks
bye

There's no 'exact' value, and it's best to have a range of decouplers - certainly a 10uF would be good, but you need a small one very close, say 1000pF or so. However, if it's a licence free module it almost certainly already has suitable decoupling - simply look at the datasheet for what you need to do!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back