Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DCDC-pushpull drawbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Factory made DC - DC isolated converters are fairly cheap and very reliable. Check out any of the big on line electronics supply companies. Digikey, mouser, Allied, and countless more carry about every voltage input and output range you can think of and in power ratings from under a watt to over 100 watts.
All certification requirements are already met too!

Hi , My client needs ATEX approval and some custom voltages .
Like 5V to 5.25V(200mA) isolation. 3V to 3.3V(250mA) etc . Also the size has to be too small.

Many of the "brick" modules have a terminal that may be used to adjust the output voltage to +/- 10%.

Put the windings on an old 10mm antenna rod - 15mmm long.
And get caught by the authorities for illegally broadcasting a radio signal.

The AM radio antenna will radiate half of the energy as RF.

A better option is to use the ferrite core from an old PC PSU.

And get caught by the authorities for illegally broadcasting a radio signal.
The AM radio antenna will radiate half of the energy as RF.

With all of todays HF transforming frequencies I doubt the FCC is monitoring the 100KHz and below bands with much interest any more.
Technically everything that move electrons and makes an alternating magnetic field is a radio transmitter.

I have a pair of broad band hash transmitters I typically call my 300 amp MIG welder and my 105 amp plasma cutter. ;)
The FCC doest seem to mind my multi KW broad band hash transmissions!:eek::D

where are the inductors?

I don't see any output filter inductors. Also, where's the feedback loop? Do you need regulated outputs? This doesn't appear to be regulated. At the power levels you're dealing with, 1.25W, a push-pull is overkill. A flyback is a good choice if you need isolation. If noise is a problem, then a forward converter is right for the job. The forward requires an inductor for each output.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back