Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dc voltage converter high amps - help

Status
Not open for further replies.
The data sheet you supplied is for a ready made 1 MHz power converter...

It's 520KHz, not 1MHz. There isn't really anything special about the parts... they are off the shelf and anyone can buy them. The biggest trick would be to get enough copper in the high current loops and a compact layout to minimize Cu losses. The "home builder" could make one of these pretty easily... however, you are correct in that they won't be able attain an efficiency quite that high, but I wouldn't put the low to mid 80's out of reach.

It's 520KHz, not 1MHz.
I was going by the posted data that shows 1MHz ripple frequency. And I agree that he might be able to build a converter to make 80% efficiency.

Attachments

• ripple.jpg
    ripple.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back