Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archit

Hello everyone
What are the possible options of getting 250amps 25-50Volt dc power supply. My lab has access to 3 phase supply but maximum current rating is only 32 Amps.

250A @ 50V is 12.5kW.
If the 3-phase power is 240V, you could draw 13.3kW @ 32A.
So with a very efficient switching power supply (likely custom) you should be able to get the output you want.
But that's certainly not a trivial design.

250A @ 50V is 12.5kW.
If the 3-phase power is 240V, you could draw 13.3kW @ 32A.
So with a very efficient switching power supply (likely custom) you should be able to get the output you want.
But that's certainly not a trivial design.
i can reduce it to 200 A. do you hv any idea how to do that

Hello everyone
What are the possible options of getting 250amps 25-50Volt dc power supply. My lab has access to 3 phase supply but maximum current rating is only 32 Amps.

3ph supply: 32 amp rating at what voltage??
Do you need it regulated or not?
Max.

At that power level I would not try to build my own unless you are knowledgeable about high power supply design.
You should buy a commercial device, but they won't be cheap.

For how long do you need 200 Amperes at 50 Volts ? Is it a few minutes operation or permanent draw supply ?

At that power level I would not try to build my own unless you are knowledgeable about high power supply design.
You should buy a commercial device, but they won't be cheap.
Can you send me some links of manufacturers. I tried viquor but they dont have it

i can reduce it to 200 A. do you hv any idea how to do that
I can not afford that supply. Probably no one makes it.
Look for two 100A supplies, or four 50A supplies. ( I have on of those)
You can parallel supplies. Not the best but we do it all the time.

I can not afford that supply. Probably no one makes it.
Look for two 100A supplies, or four 50A supplies. ( I have on of those)
You can parallel supplies. Not the best but we do it all the time.
What are the precaution I need to to take.
Thankyou.

What are the precaution I need to to take.
If you are going to parallel supplies:
Set the supplies to 50V, 50.01V, 50.02V, 50.03V. You probably can't do that but set them close to the same voltage. In the example the 50V supply will turn on first and take the load from 0 to current limit. Then the next supply will take the next 1/4 the load. etc.

If you series the supplies you need to put diodes across each supply. (From + to -, so the voltage can not go negative)
You will have a number of 200A low voltage supplies. This works well as long as you are not in current limit. At current limit one of the supplies will shut off first causing the other supplies to drive the first negative. (use a 200A diode)

Atleast one two hour per day

I would get 4 of these bulldozer batteries; each connected to its 12V charger/booster. A selector switch or starter relays to select 12, 24, 36, 48 V
If selection is needed like in 6V increments, 6, 12, 18, 24, 30, 36, 42, 48V... , get them in 6V instead of 12V. I think they are available in 2 V cells for even finer selection...

NWMDC

1100 CCA rated. Use very well made "welding" cables to interconect... or copper pipe. And make an appointment with the chiropractor, these are heavy.

5972833_cbw_s5049p_pri_larg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back