Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC-DC Converter question

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeeterb

I was looking at a circuit diagram by tcmtech 555 Sine Wave Inverter 2.0, and saw how it uses 2 power inputs. The 170-340 VDC input that gets converted in the power section of his circuit and the 12-36 VDC that powers the 555s. I didn't want to necro the thread since it is nearly 2 years old. I was thinking of adding a DC-DC converter to this circuit to pull it down from the high input voltages that go to the IGBTs/Mosfets. My question is how would I go about designing a circuit that would pull it from like 170 VDC down to 12-15 VDC. If it's powered by solar panels or a wind turbine, the input power would stay pretty stable.I'm not wanting anyone to do this for me, but a little advice would be nice. Thanks for any help that you guys can give.

My question is how would I go about designing a circuit that would pull it from like 170 VDC down to 12-15 VDC.
The peak voltage of the sinewave output would then be only 12-15V. Is that what you want?

Do you mean to get the supply votlage for the 555? Or to get that low main output voltage?

I was wanting to draw off a little of the power off the 170-340 VDC INPUT voltage reducing it down to say 12-15 volts to power the 555s, NOT to change the 170-340 volts DC to the lower voltage. I also DO NOT want to draw off of the output of the circuit. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that point. The emphasis was put in to show what I meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back