Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC DC Boost Converter Implementation

Status
Not open for further replies.
well what do you know...I was right

the other way is pick a frequency and duty cycle target.

calculate the primary inductance from 40% of 50KHz (8uS), 20V and the "inductor ripple" of 105A*0.3 = 31.5A:

Lp = TpVp/Ip = 8*20/31.5 = 5uH

now we have three other equations to work with:

Ls = TsVs/Is, Ls = LpT^2, and Is=Ip/T

If we plug the second two into the first and solve for T we get:

T = (TsVs)/(IpLp) = (12uS*325V)/(31.5A*5uH) = 24.76 = 25:1

Hi, U mean u have 2 winding side (pri and sec side) ? The inductor i'm using is only having one winding... What type of inductor are u using?

About 10 years ago, I used a diode-capacitor voltage multiplier inside the servo loop. It doubled the voltage, so that the pwm duty cycle needed was half. That is an option, as well as a transformer. The transformer turns ratio does some of the boosting requiring less pwm duty cycle. BR.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back