Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC brushless Fan issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
in :100-240VAC 50/60hz .55A
out: 12vcd 2A
Now that's really weird... o.0. Is the barrel connector polarity the same as your other one? Sometimes the outside is negative and the inside is positive and other times it's the opposite. Measure the voltage with your meter.

I tried even just sticking the wires directly to the adapter with both polarities
Try it with the batteries again to see if the fan still works. Reverse polarity can damage the motor (well not the motor so much as the electronics in the fan). Try the flick startup too.

I cant get to the connections on the motor

You're going to have to steal some wire from somewhere so you can get at the connections between the fan and power adapter while they are plugged together.

I can get at the connections and it is saying 12V but i would like to get at the connections at the back of the motor but cant, its built into the metal casing.

I can get at the connections and it is saying 12V but i would like to get at the connections at the back of the motor but cant, its built into the metal casing.
That's fine. I just need the connections on the connector between the fan and wall adapter, not the motor on the actual fan. You're saying that it says 12VDC at the moment you plug the fan in without any other momentary value?

What about the current (meter is not connected in the same way to measure voltage).

The current, what is the current? Change the knob on your meter for current (and you might also have to change the plugs the probe are plugged into on the meter).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back