Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC analog signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

maduba

Hi,

I would like a advice on how to filter out the DC analog signal that comes out from analog multiplexer. It contains noice kind of spike. I very much appreciated if you could reply me back soon as possible. Thank you

A cap in series with output will remove DC.

Do you have a scope capoture of spike waveform ? If its real
narrow a LPF sill help remove it. But what is signal into mux,
range of frequencies ? Can you show a scope capture of normal
signal with spike ?

1646695336808.png

So a series cap with above low pass filter, at ist input, will remove DC.
The filter the spike.....

Regards, Dana.

The simplest way to eliminate switching spikes or glitches is to bias all the signals to the same DC level around the multiplexer.

eg. This is an example I did for another user, but the exact same principle applies with a multiplexer; consider the three switches as a three way multiplexer & adjust the number of input bias caps and resistors to suit.

Analog_Switch_Bias.jpg

Some considerations in using analog switches and causes of transients -

Regards, Dana.

Please post your schematic so we can analyze the circuit behavior.

ak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back