Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Data transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vizier87

Hi guys,
I'm building a low cost weather transmitter with all six weather parameters integrated in one system, fed to a pic16f877a, and I need to send data from it to a nearby pic too, which will transmit the readings into a PC/Laptop (preferably the same PIC), using a pair of 315 Mhz RF module

Question:
1. What would be the best way to transmit data of six 8-bit data via the module? (i.e manchester code, etc) I use an MPLAB compiler, assembly and C.
The diagram of my circuit is attached.

2. Does the ICSP mode via PICkit software allow me to read data from the registers continuously? If no, what kind of connection & software allows this so that the data can be pulled into a MATLAB GUI? I'd like the data to be processed & displayed nicely.

Many thanks.

Rx-Tx.JPG

Last edited:
1. Manchester, see Nigels tutorials.
2. USB? An FT232R to your PIC RX/TX pins
3. Something you'll need to write in MATLAB

PS your block diagram makes no sense, why a transistor on the RX module?

Post a detailed schematic.

My bad.... the transistor's supposed to drive the Transmitter. I interchanged the Tx and Rx.
Is the FT232 equivalent to RS232 chip?

...Is that all?

Last edited:
aww man.... but I'm still clueless on how to monitor the GPRs in the PIC (which is usb-connected to the pc/laptop) via a software continuously.. some help clarifying it please..

Do all 18F series support direct usb connections? I'll switch to 18F if it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back