Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Danger!! Please read!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroMaster

Administrator
This forum discusses high voltage circuits which can be lethal. Please do not attempt to replicate any circuit mentioned.

It is recommended that you fully understand the safety requires so please read the following article before looking at the forum:

Safety Guidelines for High Voltage and/or Line Powered Equipment

Regards,
EM

This forum discusses high voltage circuits which can be lethal. Please do not attempt to replicate any circuit mentioned.

It is recommended that you fully understand the safety requires so please read the following article before looking at the forum:

Safety Guidelines for High Voltage and/or Line Powered Equipment

Regards,
EM

EM, I'm thinking as it is with any legal issue activating this forum without a disclaimer and agreement may give rise to legal argument. I am a member and wish this forum to continue un-inhibited.

Regards. kv

Good point. There's no over 18 disclaimer associated with the forum in any way, kids can and will get in here. Having the information in the forum can put you on legally fuzzy grounds for liability reasons, and even that aside civil litigation can be a *****.

What about a popup window, like this?

(Sorry for any mispelling, my english is not the best)

Attachments

• disclaimer_menticol.PNG
    disclaimer_menticol.PNG
    14.3 KB · Views: 607
I agree with the pop-up idea

I agree as well.

A pop up that asks to click "Accept" but doesn't give a button by that name will surely give a solid ground :D

I agree as well.

A pop up that asks to click "Accept" but doesn't give a button by that name will surely give a solid ground :D

Go easy, it was just a fast illustrative picture done in Visual Basic :rolleyes:

You may instead take the initiative, and program the thing using (I don't know, PHP?), or whatever thing used for coding this forum.

Last edited:
You can do a popup dialog box in JavaScript that will look much like the one Menticol posted.

If an admin puts it in a custom template tied to the HV forum, it would be placed in the Onload attribute of the <BODY> tag so it executes when the page is loaded. Perhaps some code could be used to place a cookie on the user's computer after he/she accepts so the prompt doesn't pop up everytime.

How about we just put the HV threads in an endless loop so whenever you go to open one and read it you are just rerouted back to the main ETO home pages?
That way its not possible for any one to read, learn, think, or do somthing and no one will ever possibly hurt themselves(or learn something new) either.:rolleyes:

Come on now! :mad:

How many time does this site have to take an over cautious approach to its having information thats potentially dangerous if misused or abused even though there are countless sites and forums that openly share far far more dangerous and destructive information for free without concern for any legal ramifications? :confused:
Besides how many threads and posts here already give out information that could easily cause much harm and injury if the person who was reading them was inept or just stupid anyway? ;)

Post a general warning at the beginning page of the HV section about the dangers of using electrical potentials over several tens of volts and be done with it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
***** CAUTION. ******
Any electrical voltage over 50 volts is recognized as high voltage or potentially lethal voltage by most national and international safety organizations and regulatory agencies.
Please understand and use the required safety practices and necessary precautions required by your local governing body or agency in regards to any and all possible sources of energy you may be working with.
Your life is in your hands and your hands only.

Thank you. ETO management.:)
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Now is that so hard?:confused:

Come on now! :mad:
Now is that so hard?:confused:

Calm down bud!

I agree with you, maybe other sites give away far more information, even with the same technical accuacy (or inaccuacy). But let me see, 2,322 posts... Definitely you like this site :D and so Do I.

Don't stress yourself unnecessarily. Even if the administrator wants to post a pink blinking warning, it's a little nuisance in exchange of getting great information and a couple of friends

PS: this is the MOST hippie/rastafari message I ever wrote! I must stop listening this reggae music

Last edited:
Hi,

Whenever i give advice on high voltage stuff or even RELATIVELY high voltage
(like 30v or above) i try to remember to include some safety info to help the
end user avoid problems. I like to include these things right in with whatever
i am saying about the general construction so that the safety info has little
chance of being missed.

Not stressed! ;):)
Just rubbing the over protective 'what if' bureaucrats the wrong way again. :p

Some times you just have to pet the dog the wrong way in order to get it to get up and actually do something! :D

I believe in safety but I also believe in not rehashing the same old ' what ifs" and 'just maybes' over and over. I like the idea of a generalized safety warning at the first page of the section. I just dont think it has to be attached every thread and post afterwords.

Sometimes its best to warn once and then just look the other way and allow stupidity eliminate itself afterwords.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back