Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CUT OFF CIRCUIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
scottraynor said:
Hi! Ron, can you give me another battery discharger circuit with adjustable cut-off of 5V to 6V and a discharge rate of 25 to 30Amps. I'll be using this to discharge a RC battery pack which has 8 to 9V/3300ma capacity. Hoping for your soonest reply, thanks in advance. :)
See below.
Obviously, I won't guarantee that this will work, or that it won't destroy your batteries. You need to understand that the transistor will be dissipating as much as 270 watts. You might want to put a few in parallel.

Attachments

• battery_discharger_30_amp.gif
    battery_discharger_30_amp.gif
    15.7 KB · Views: 410
Great!! Thanks man I owe you another one. Btw, I wanted to know the actual discharge current and voltage level of the battery, where do you think is the best location for the meters? :)

scottraynor said:
Great!! Thanks man I owe you another one. Btw, I wanted to know the actual discharge current and voltage level of the battery, where do you think is the best location for the meters? :)

As the schematic says, the discharge current is set by adjusting the voltage between GND and the node named Iset. The current is that voltage divided by the value of R2. This is the safest place to measure it. The actual current can be monitored by measuring the voltage across R2, but if you accidentally short the top of R2 to GND during discharge, you could damage the MOSFET and/or the battery.

Measure the voltage of the battery directly across the battery (I think you knew that).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back