Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Crystals wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

spuffock

I need a couple of crystals, 7*5 mm. 13.56Mhz fundamental. There would be no problem getting a few thousand, but two?
Ideas,anyone?

I've got some old WWII crystals that might be half that frequency. You might adjust them and double the frequency. Not sure what the application is but I could mail them to you. IM me if this might be a way.

Presumably they are for a specific purpose?, you may be able to source them along with the other components (such as the IC it's used with - assuming it is?). Failing that, and if you can't find it listed, there are a number of companies who will make specific crystals for you - in common use amongst radio hams.

We bought a car. The keyfob remotes didn't work. I had a look for them with the spectrum analyser, and found one of them about 371 MHz, the other about 384. Injecting 13.56MHz at the hot end of the crystal and pressing the button opens the car.
Sorry. the older crystals won't fit in the keyfob!

Quartz crystals, any frequency, one off quantities... no problem!

Look here: https://www.quartslab.com/

I have dealt with these guys in the past, no problem.

JimB

spuffock said:
I need a couple of crystals, 7*5 mm. 13.56Mhz fundamental. There would be no problem getting a few thousand, but two?
Ideas,anyone?

Hi Spuffock,
can you try 27.12Mhz and use a divider to derive what you want--probably you might get 27.xx crytals more easily.worst to worst, a 27.000 crystal cab be tuned at 27.12 by using a capacitor series to the crystal. then divide by '2'

Last edited:
mvs sarma said:
Hi Spuffock,
a 27.000 crystal cab be tuned at 27.12 by using a capacitor series to the crystal.

No way!

A crystal will "pull" a couple of kHz at most. Not 120kHz.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back