Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Crystal oscillator questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village_Idiot

Hi all...

I am pretty much a newbie to electronics (hence the questions)...

anyhow...i would like to know some things about crystal oscillators...

Do changes in the input voltage effect the oscillaton frequency?

I am looking for a 66mhz oscillator...i understand i will probably need to opperate the oscilator in overtone mode. Can someone please explain this to me. Do i have to change the circut to allow overtone or is it built into the oscillator?

Will i need to have an extrememly stable voltage to have a stable oscillation frequency?

Also could anyone point me in the direction of a circut that would allow me to create an oscillator that could easily vary frequencies between 20 and 30mhz (this is for a diffrent project)?

And finally...where can i order oscillators and other common electronic parts in small quanities?

Thank you

You will find lots of information in amateur radio publications. The Radio Amateurs Handbook has the answers to all of the questions you've listed and then some. While you need to have some understanding of electronics the material is presented so that you don't have to be a rocket scientist to comprehend it.

For 66 mHz you could use an overtone - from what I understand this is not an integral multiple of the fundamental frequency - it might be close. You might also generate a signal at 11 mHz then triple it - then double it - not at all unusual. International Crystal Mfg used to be a good source of info - not entirely sure if they still exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back