Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

:cry: out of ideas....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdanfirst

well, now i am out of ideas of what electronic project to do.
so i am asking for help. i need an interensting idea, not something complicated, i thought of a wake up alarm to hook it to my clock something noisy.
what i want are some links and ESPECIALLY ideas, what would you do when you dont have anything to do?

what I do is to ask to my girlfirend what she want in her apartment to simplify her life... last month I made a remote control (and receiver) too switch ON/OFF her old tv... that's was an easy and funny poject...
the next step is to control the volume and after that the channels.... :roll:

you could do a system that monitor the charging rate of a car's battery... the system could monitor the battery voltage and warn you when it's under a reference voltage... this would be perfect for my diesel VW Golf in winter... it will say too me if I have to let my car running at idle to charge the battery!!! :wink:

I don't know how you do to miss ideas... my problem is the time goes to fast... but I write down my ideas and I work on several projects in parallel...

this is another project that I would like working on :
**broken link removed**

wov i now realize the true benefits of a girlfriend.

maybe i shud b working hard to make one soon.
no no not a girlfriend. a project. :lol:

heheheh! yeap but, she not really patient !!! so that pratice me when I'll come back on the labour market!! :lol:

if my girlfriend always give me that kind of benefits, god my life would be nice!!! :wink:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
well, im my case i can say that i dont have a car(still need 3 more years till i am able to get my license) and a girlfriend, now, and if i were to have, she certainly wouldnt want my projects for this.
but i agree, i make lots of things to ease my life, but i am really out of ideas.
i like funny projects, leds, i made all kind of blinking leds, but still i want more!!!!!!!!(led projects)
so i am sure all of you have build some interesting led projects, so tell me your ideas.
i am also wanting to biuld a robot, but it is very hard to find components, especially motors and servos. i thought of a bug-like robot, or maybe a bigger one with a camera.

mmmmmm led project... let me think...
do you mean flashing led to make a special visual effect or IR Led like the one in tv remote control???

cause projects with flashing leds aren't very usefull I think... but with led you could do a scale for monitoring anything... like VU meter, battery tester, etc...

but if you think a little bit more you could do a specific part of your future project (bug robot) with led.... :idea:

Good thinking!!

bogdanfirst said:
well, now i am out of ideas of what electronic project to do.
so i am asking for help. i need an interensting idea, not something complicated, i thought of a wake up alarm to hook it to my clock something noisy.
what i want are some links and ESPECIALLY ideas, what would you do when you dont have anything to do?

Bogdanfirst,
How About bulding a Remote controlled Dimmer for 220 Volts indascandent lamps or Wireless remote control extender.

These are my next projects to be build but for the time being have no time to work on them. if you haven't done them yet and interested, i will be glad to share your experience. yet i have no clue how to build them.

bogdan how bout suggesting some leds for my robot.
i.e. where shud i put a few leds.

the one i realy need is at pin # 15 of CM8870. the pin gives out HIGH when a valid dtmf tone is detected.
i m already using that high to enable cd4555be.
so will the led be gud in series with it or parallel.
u got the schematic.

bye

thank you for your ideas!!
hey, shima, how about a sequence of leds falshing in turns and when a tone is detected the speed of the leds changes? could be nive, you haer a tone and the lights will flash faster?
how about this?

sounds nice to me. will look beutifull especially in dark.

but where to put the led i talked bout in the previous post.
also how bout some headlights for the bot.
back gear lights ?
btw the robot sings when idle. i play a cd in my compu and hear it on the robot.

bogdanfirst said:
well, im my case i can say that i dont have a car(still need 3 more years till i am able to get my license) and a girlfriend.
Better check out **broken link removed** LOL.
Just hope 3.06GHz is not too painful for you. LOL :lol:
Now for a project: what about a LED flashlight?

thankd everybody for the replies.
i still have some time to think about what to do. so i am still waiting for the suggestions.
now, about the remote extender, i dont thing i will need that.
but something about the remor, some device to attach to the remote and beep an a signal or something to be able to find the remote, i have about 3 in my room and more in my house, so it will be quite hard to do that.
or hao about something like a remore for the computer, to be able to moove the mouse with a remote? sounds nice.
about the leds on your robot shima, check your post about the robot. or your email.

Creative (TM) CD-ROM drives acompany a small remote and a software called Creative Infra-suite which has this facility. You can move your mouse, zoom-in the screen, open CD-tary and many things using this tiny little remote (~3 inch high, ~2 inch wide, ~0.2 inch thick).
I know building one is quite interesting but if you already have this drive why not use it. I have it. Its fun playing with it.

bogdanfirst said:
well, im my case i can say that i dont have a car(still need 3 more years till i am able to get my license) and a girlfriend, now, and if i were to have, she certainly wouldnt want my projects for this.
but i agree, i make lots of things to ease my life, but i am really out of ideas.
i like funny projects, leds, i made all kind of blinking leds, but still i want more!!!!!!!!(led projects)
so i am sure all of you have build some interesting led projects, so tell me your ideas.
i am also wanting to biuld a robot, but it is very hard to find components, especially motors and servos. i thought of a bug-like robot, or maybe a bigger one with a camera.
I would like to suggest that if you are not familiar with them, then you might like to learn to program microcontrollers. A poular series is the PIC chips. These are easily programmable from your PC and all the details and software are available free from the manufacturer.

Once you are familiar with them you can use them for hundreds of different things - in fact, the uses are limitless - and you can reprogram them time after time!

If you can get hold of old printers and strip the motors from them you are well on the way to making the robots which you say you would like to make.

KiloWatt said:
Z Late Breaking News 24 November 2002

Northern Ohio / Lake County power plant almost experiences meltdown.

The populace of Eastlake Ohio experience major power blackout. The local energy commission reported that the sub station located 900 meters East of Timberlake Ohio / capable of producing over 500-giga watts of power was crippled after a resident tries to split an Atom in families basement.

Chemist / Professor / Scientist / Scholar, Frank Pizzicato of Eastlake Ohio was allegedly working with the mechanisms of equilibrium and co-ordination of radioactive nuclear compounds with the stability of cesium Nuclei when the town lost its power. It appears as if Frank Pizzicato was trying to measure a single Beta particle discharge when a nearby molecule from an ionized alpha chamber initiated a powerful fission reaction at dangerous magnitude.
Fundamental nuclear transformation is achieved effectively by fission, or constituting conversely Hydrogen (H2) binding / the product nuclei and generating polar stability of the original nucleus atom. Neutrons and protons at the -46-axis ratio per atomic number. Lets take into account the decay of an ejected electron. Neutron / Proton ratio @ 1.4:1 beta match co-phased at 90 Consider bombarding a stable (1+y {e2.89} x {xl\xc} x (fq.0065)+{PQ} x (fr/. 717}) nucleus with a neutron. High-energy particles often using “projectiles” / neutrons, n; protons, p; deuterons, d; alpha particles. The neutrons unlike other charged projectiles are electrically neutral and are not repelled by the positively charged nuclei of the target atoms of radioactive element 5-class uranium. Revised: Cobalt, 27Co60 prepared as an isotope ~107.063` isobars radium / thorium compound. Organic halides derived from hydrocarbons other then paraffin’s – the olefins, for example. In ethylene, CH2=CH2, one, two, three, or even all four hydrogen atoms may be replaced by halogen atoms. The replacement of one hydrogen by one chlorine atom produces the compound CH2CL a gas / vinyl chloride.
What was this Eastlake Ohio resident doing with carbon tetrachloride, fluorine, dromide, and fluorochlorobromoiodomethane? Is Frank Pizzicato part of the Eastern Block Warsaw Alliance? Is he just a typical Eastlake resident? It has been reported that the said resident has been known to posses hydrogen ions, polyatomic ions, and dihydrogen phosphate. Why all the research into covalent bonds, hydrogen fluoride, neon atoms, etc? It was also reported that in June of 2001 a single tetrahedral phosphorus pentachloride atom escaped out of an upstairs window at the residence, and still has “never” been found.

And what the ****** has that got to do with this thread? Go away!

I have deleted your post KiloWatt:
One more time you are found doing such things, you will no longer be allowed to post here. :evil:

well it sounded strange to me what he did.
i dindt understand exactly what he wanted to say.
but, anyway, ill get back to my stuff.
i thought of building a remore for the computer just to moove the mouse, and include the receiver into the mouse itself. i thaough of a tone nodulator circuit and use it with ir, i thiink it is simpler than radio.
also i have a tv-tunner , but i cant use its remote for other things. my old tv-tuner i could moovet the mouse and do some other commands with it.
but thisone doesnt do that, so i thought maybe you know some programs that can hook up to the tuner and use the commands of the remote while the tunner is not on.

You can make a serial port based IR receiver (there are many on Google), write a C/VB program to catch the signals from port, decode those RC5 signals and use them to move your mouse on the screen. This way you can teach the software to respond to any of your remote codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back