Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Demian

Hi, I'm translating a user's manual of an old film camera and I don't know what a part does.

Like other Spotmatics, the K1000 uses an electrically cross-coupled exposure meter. Changing the shutter-speed setting, the film-speed setting, or the diaphragm opening programs a resistance value into the exposure-meter system.

What does it mean that the exposure meter is "electrically cross-coupled"?

Hello,

Sounds to me that it is just connected to other things in the system and the automatic setting is dependent on those other things. So it is coupled to several other things that's all.

Hi, I'm translating a user's manual of an old film camera and I don't know what a part does.

Like other Spotmatics, the K1000 uses an electrically cross-coupled exposure meter. Changing the shutter-speed setting, the film-speed setting, or the diaphragm opening programs a resistance value into the exposure-meter system.

What does it mean that the exposure meter is "electrically cross-coupled"?

I think a better word for the original text would have been "electrically interconnected". The exposure meter checks the value of the different exposure-related items on the camera and film cartridge. The F-stop setting of the aperature (on the lens), the shutter speed, and the ISO rating (sensitivity) of the film.

Note that "Aperture" is a better word than "diaphragm" in American-English photography/optics. I don't know what people in the UK call the thingy that attenuated the amount of light into the camera and allows greater or lesser depth-of-field in the image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back