Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cristal Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many people use an LM386 little power amplifier IC to drive headphones.

You need to learn how to do this for yourself.
1. Goto **broken link removed** This is the URL for National Semiconductor, the original manufacturer of the LM386.
2. Enter LM386 in the search box. It will take you to this page. **broken link removed**
3. Download the PDF version of the datasheet. which looks like this: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2007/11/LM386.pdf

You'll need Adobe Acrobat reader which is also a free download from Adobe Systems.

Now that I've taught you to fish, I expect you'll be able to feed yourself for a lifetime, or some reasonable approximation therof. Good luck and happy fishing.

Last edited:
Roff said:
Do you furriners know who Yogi Berra is?

Doesn't he live in Jellystone Park with his little friend BooBoo?

JimB

If you are really interested in a crystal radio I might be able to dig up a schematic from my archives. It's a crystal radio however it has a vacuum tube RF amp that delivers a higher level to the crystal (detector). The author claims the quality of sound is better because the diode is operating more linearly. The higher voltage comes from 9 volt batteries in series - maybe 10 or 12 of them. Along with improved quality is the increase in output - enough for headphone per the author.

Yes, you could the same with a transistor or IC - amplify the RF rather than the audio.

Your Fortune City link does not work.
Attach the schematic here to your reply.

Please attach the schematic here to your reply instead of posting it at Fortune City where we have denied access.

A MAC? An apple computer?
Hee, Hee, Haw, Haw, Hee! Hee, Hee, Haw, Haw, Hee! Hee, Hee, Haw, Haw, Hee! Hee, Hee, Haw, Haw, Hee! Hee, Hee, Haw, Haw, Hee! Hee, Hee, Haw, Haw, Hee! Hee, Hee, Haw, Haw, Hee! Hee, Hee, Haw, Haw, Hee! Hee, Hee, Haw, Haw, Hee! Hee, Hee, Haw, Haw, Hee! Hee, Hee, Haw, Haw, Hee! Hee, Hee, Haw, Haw, Hee! Hee, Hee, Haw, Haw, Hee! Hee, Hee, Haw, Haw, Hee! Hee, Hee, Haw, Haw, Hee! Hee, Hee, Haw, Haw, Hee! (I am sorry for laughing)

During a reply, click on "Go Advanced" then click on "Manage Attachments". Then click on "Browse" and find and double-click on the file in your pc with the schematic. Click on "Upload".

I did it now with this rectifier circuit.

Attachments

• active rectifier.PNG
    active rectifier.PNG
    13.2 KB · Views: 205
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back