Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Creation of a tool with 6 high temperature sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony84210

Hello everyone, I'm new here and my name is Anthony.

I work in the electronic repair of hairdressing products such as hair dryers, straighteners and others.

I need to create a tool for my workshop to facilitate the repair and I need your help.
I searched for a long time on Google and couldn't find a solution for my specific project.

For my project, I need to measure 6 different temperatures in real time and at the same time.
The temperatures vary from 145° to 285°, so my idea is to have a single screen with 6 temperatures and 6 thermistors.
If possible also recording the temperatures in a diary would be best.

Can you guide me to the material and the guides for the creation, I am comfortable in the electronic assembly but not at all in the development.

Thank you very much for your help.

Given that you are not a design/developer a commercial solution sounds like
your primary option.

OMRON has industrial; PLC solutions that can take very little programing.

These folks have off the shelf solutions that may fit - https://www.mccdaq.com/data-acquisition

Just google "thermistor data acquisition systems", quite a few people offering systems.

Regards, Dana.

Given that you are not a design/developer a commercial solution sounds like
your primary option.

OMRON has industrial; PLC solutions that can take very little programing.

These folks have off the shelf solutions that may fit - https://www.mccdaq.com/data-acquisition

Just google "thermistor data acquisition systems", quite a few people offering systems.

Regards, Dana.
Hello, yes I have already searched a lot but I did not find a good solution, I absolutely need 6 simultaneous channels and it is in C°.

Here are some photos from the test factory, we see the glass thermistors on each product under test.
GHD06.jpg

7GBU2TNHLH917UOIRV8R.jpg

NPDKBRSSDRATJT1NRWI1.jpg

UE6X5E3P6E602XB7A3CQ.jpg

When you say simultaneous what if the delta time between readings was
1 mS or 100 uS or.....would that suffice ? From one channel to another.
What accuracy of reading do you need ?

If you or staff could program, have techs that could build simple jigs -

1651831213975.png

This can be expanded to more channels simply by mux configuration. Single chip.
Can UART or USB to PC, and using python or the like handle display and graphing
of the data. Also can datalog to SDCARD (which chip supports). UART and USB also
onchip.

But you would need a consultant to write code and build.

I do think with research you can find off the shelf industrial DAQ and the software to
do all this. Eg. a commercial product. Allan Bradly comes to mind, certainly Measurement
.Computing which I posted earlier....talk to their application engineers....

Regards, Dana.

Last edited:
I searched for a long time on Google and couldn't find a solution for my specific project.

For my project, I need to measure 6 different temperatures in real time and at the same time.
The temperatures vary from 145° to 285°, so my idea is to have a single screen with 6 temperatures and 6 thermistors.
If possible also recording the temperatures in a diary would be best.

Well as to cooperation from Google you may want to try just for example "six channel thermistor data logger". Since you mention a diary I assume you want to collect data. I believe if you Google you will find plenty of turn key off the shelf solutions.

Your last image of what looks to be curling irons looks to have glass bead thermistors measuring the iron temperatures. I don't see mention of your existing thermistors? For example 10K Thermistors are very common but there are also other resistances.

Here is but one single example of a thermistor data logger. Take a few min to look at the specifications. You need to decide what works for you, things like accuracy (uncertainty) data acquisition rates and the list goes on.

Roll your own? You can but it can get complicated because thermistors are not very linear This explains that problem to some extent. I am not saying it can't be done but there are challenges.

Finally as to a diary. When we collect data we need somewhere to put it.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back