Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

creating '0' or '1' logics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

allegro

I'm looking for a low cost, low consumption device that will perform this:

circuit-jpg.26673

VDD = 3.3V.
VSS = GND (0V).
Input = Analog input.

OUT =
VDD if Input is equal to or higher than 3V.
0V if Input is lower than 3V.

Thank you.

Attachments

• circuit.JPG
    circuit.JPG
    9.8 KB · Views: 258
LM311, LM393, LM339.
These are comperators, 1, 2 and 4 parts in one housing

hi,
Problem with some comparators they dont work correctly when the threshold voltage is close to the Vsupply.. that is Vs-1.5V approx.:)

How accurately do you want the detection?

Use a set of resistors on the front-end of an NPN transistor.

hi,
Problem with some comparators they dont work correctly when the threshold voltage is close to the Vsupply.. that is Vs-1.5V approx.:)
Use a two-resistor attenuator on each input (four resistors total) to reduce the voltage below the common-mode voltage range of the comparator.

Maxim has a wide variety of the type of device attached. Adjust resistor voltage divider so that 3 Volts at Vin results in 1.235 Volts at the IN+ of the device.

The MAX921 is a similar device that doesn't need a pull-up resistor, and appears to be more widely available.

The devices consume a mere few microamps and cost around $1.50 in unit quantities.

Maxim is very generous with free samples. Just go to their website and click on "free sample" .

Attachments

• Drawing1.jpg
    Drawing1.jpg
    394.9 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Then make a voltage divider at the inputs for comparing, than you don't have that problem!

Geeee... I never would have thought of that.!:p

Why are you telling me.? Im not the OP.:)

I was trying make the OP aware he cant just input 3V into a comparator powered by 3.3V and expect it to work.

Last edited:
Yust helping everybody, nothing else !

hi,
No problem, just teasing.:)

This threshold point about comparators comes up so often, where the OP is trying to set the max threshold too within [+V -1.5] and he gets an inversion effect.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back