Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Crazy Idea.??

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like most of the other people who's made money on the internet, a stupid idea that somehow gets even more stupid people (or companies) to pay money to it.

Eventually they realise it's a waste of cash and the project dies - in this case it was only ever a single shot affair, so will end anyway.

Nigel Goodwin said:
It's like most of the other people who's made money on the internet, a stupid idea that somehow gets even more stupid people (or companies) to pay money to it.

Eventually they realise it's a waste of cash and the project dies - in this case it was only ever a single shot affair, so will end anyway.

i had a stupid ebay item once...."one of a kind interlocking quarters"

**broken link removed**

started at 5 cents and got up to $2.50

lost $3 in ebay fees for that one but i think it was worth it lol

all my friends saw it and thought it was hilarious

I used the dremel and 3 cutoff wheels to cut a quarter in half and superglued it to another, i thought it would have gone for at least $1,000

Nigel Goodwin said:

by the time the people realize it is a waste..the objective would be completed :lol:

moody07747 said:
I used the dremel and 3 cutoff wheels to cut a quarter in half and superglued it to another, i thought it would have gone for at least $1,000

One do not own the coin or paper money in circulation, one owns the value of it.

In some countries, one could be prosecuted if found delibrately damaging a coin via drilling holes, cutting up paper money etc...

eblc1388 said:
moody07747 said:

One do not own the coin or paper money in circulation, one owns the value of it.

In some countries, one could be prosecuted if found delibrately damaging a coin via drilling holes, cutting up paper money etc...

Yes, it's an offence in the UK - 'defacing the coinage of the realm' or some such thing?. I saw a guy at a craft fair a few years back, and he was selling really nice jewellery made from coins - but he only used non-UK coins. I think he was Australian?, and he'd been all round the world doing it, but never used the coinage of the country he was in!.

There was a case of a Japanese Electronic Company selling Projection TV in China which use a $1 RMB (chinese currency) bill and glued it to the underside of the equipment to act as a proof of authenticity and to prevent people returning equipment not sold via the sole dealer for repair.

The idea is sound as a bill has unique serial number and many different ways of preventing forgery built-in. However, it violates the same principle as mentioned above and the company removed them after clients complained.

In my opinion, I think the correct legal way to do it is to place it behind a transparant pocket and then glued the pocket to the case.

**broken link removed**

scroll a bit down and read part:

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back