Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

counting a 24 pulse signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm working on it. Wait for me to post. In a nutshell, the RESet circuit input still has to be taken from the raw clock; not the partially divided clock... So, it looks like the clock is 16 times faster than you originally thought it was?

sorry, i really do appriciate your help, and yea it was much faster so it was my fault! i will modify the circuit and see if i can take it from the orignal clock

thanks again

i have moved the clock feed to the not gate back to the original clock, this stopped everything from working, or rather it stopped the cd4024 from working, but i found it works if i remove the 10k resistor from ground, i replaced the resistor with a 1meg and the same happend, i replaced it with a 1k and the same happened. if anything joins the input of that gate to ground it seems to stop everything.

this diagram works fine except for the reset.

if i stop the music when the light is on, the light stays on. but if i then start the music the light flashes in time,

if i start the music when the light is off then the light comes on every other beat, so its not flashing as soon as i press play, its taking a second to fill up the counters.

so, first of all is there a way to get it to start flashing instantly?

and secondly what am i doing wrong as far as the reset goes?

Ok, here is yet another version. This one Resets when first powered up and if CLK is arrested in the high state. I have added the extra divide by 16, and the RES signal resets both counters. I got rid of the four input gate and substituted the 4013 dual flop, for three total chips.

Attachments

• Count384.png
    Count384.png
    41 KB · Views: 137
  • Count384t.png
    Count384t.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 129
thanks very much for that but i am not sure i understand, why is it divide by 384? the signal is 192,

and by the way, i really don't want you to go out of your way on this, you have helped so much already

thanks very much for that but i am not sure i understand, why is it divide by 384? the signal is 192,...

The original circuit divided by 24. You added a counter that divided by 16, so the total divide ratio is 24x16= 384.

ah, no its divide by 8, the clock gives 8 pulses then a gap, it does this 3 times to get 24,

i used a 74161, 4bit counter, so it counts to 15, but i take the pulse at 8 and then reset it.

but maybe we should give this a break for a while, i really apriciate your help but i think this is going to get complicated, for example when the music is started for the first time, the LED is not in sync because the beat starts as soon as you push the button, but the LED is a bit behind because it takes a while to count to the first pulse.

it might be easier to go with the microprocessor even if its a little bit more expensive,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back