Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdanfirst

well, i need to make a conter up to 99, so i bought 2 4029 binary,decade counters(the output is on 4 bits) 2 4511 (BCD 2 7 segment de coders) and a 2 digit display.
it's all clear, but still something i dont know, how do i connect the tho counters co after 09 i get 10, 11.......99->00, 01...etc....
if i connect the most segnifiant bit from the first counter to the clock of the second, dont i get somethingl like 00, 01,...08,19 10 11...17, 28...etc, what i think is that the 4 th bit means 8, so i would have a change at 8 to the second counter.....
so please help me......im confused

correction i use 4543 not 4511, i dont know why i said that...... :roll:

I just assume that you use a hexidecimal counter (2 of them) and then a decoder to convert hex to decimal.

thanks, i discovered the problem....the counter actually has a carry out pin wich i didint see because it was noted TC(what does that come from)..and there was another problem wich i solved
thanks !!

A book that should help you out, try looking for a TTL Cookbook. :lol: :lol: :p :) :D

TC is terminal count. which goes high or low (depending on active logic) whenever counter counts upto its max. capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back