Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankwas

Hi Everyone!

I'm looking for a circuit that is mounted on a doorframe somehow and then if someone walks into a room, it adds up and if someone leaves the room it subtracts. In other words, it counts the amount of people currently in the room. It must be able to count over 400 and it must display on a 7 segment display, or similar. Does anyone know of a circuit that can do this? Another addition to the circuit, if possible, I would like to connect it to a computer and count it up on a pc.

Thanks a lot!

Frank.

in recent time i have learnt many things about elctronics, and one of the most important things is that microcontrollers can do almost anything that a normal curcuit can do and better! in this case its exctly the same, you could have a load of cascaded BCD counters and decoders and gates to minus people or simply one microcontroller! i think its abovious which is the better option! you will need to have a code section with interupts(two, one to add one to minus) and then two variables (if only counting up to 255 on each one) then you will need two switch inputs one to add and one to minus. if you are coutnting over 400 that 3 7 segs and a bit of multiplexing (of which i have nearly no useful knowledge). then some sensors with transistors to say if someone has come in/out! simple as :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back