Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Counter Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

sseroogy69

I'm currently trying to design a circuit that will count four pulses and then drive a relay to automatically set a jumper. I have a CD4029BE counter but need some help setting it up. I will probably be using a transistor as the relay driver once I get the correct output from the counter. Can anyone help?

Do you have the data sheet? You can get it from the Fairchild website. Since you are only counting to 4, it does not matter whether the CD4029 is in binary or BCD mode. If you preset to all zeros, Q3 will go high on the 4th clock pulse. What kind of help do you need?

I think this circuit works. The 1uF cap holds PE high to start the count off at zero on power up. The 15 volt zener protects the IC from transients which could damage it. If the clock is high initially, it has to go low then high for the first count.

Attachments

• 4029_count_up.jpg
    4029_count_up.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 797
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back