Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Could I convert a small car to electric for 2100?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andynerd

My dad offered to fund 2100 to converting a small car to electric. I don't think this is at all possible but I would like to see some second opinions. The 2100 doesn't include cost of the car, thats a different matter. If this is or is not possible I would still love some resources to distributors of electric veichle parts and motors.

Mostly right now I just want it to go a good 30 km and I would like to have it reach speeds of 80km/h. I don't have many far away places to go to but there are many 80km/h roads around me. Also batteries should be ignored in the price as well because right now if I hook him on to the idea he may add more to the the overall building costs. Not to mention my dad being the carophile has a bunch of lead-acid batteries around.

For the building part I am not putting together any circuits or wrapping any coils. I don't mind doing the internal wiring for connecting parts. And I could probably do some part scrounging around junkyards and some of my dad's carophile friends if they let me lol! I have a tendency to get easily frustrated with fiddling with the little things like small components and such.

Last edited:
Yep, check you salvage and junk yards! watch your local papers for industrial auctions too. :)
Most E-lifts go cheap if the battery is bad. Rairly are the motors or controls all bad. Or at least ask a few questions and get to know why its for sale. :confused:

A dead E-lift can go for $500 to $1000 and when you are done stripping all the goodies you still have a few tons of good iron for the scap man. They pay better prices for big dense things too! :)
(Might want to keep sertain family members away when you haul it in!):D

Worth checking out! ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back