Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cortex M3 bootloader corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geethpriya

Hi,

What are the reasons that can create Cortex M3 bootloader corruption?
In my board, Randomly bootloader is getting corrupted.

If you're talking about a self written bootloader, (as opposed to the ROM bootloader) I've had this kind of issue due to EMC issues before.

To fix it, I had to do several hardware EMC fixes to my PCB, mostly added ESD protection.

I also made sure any flash write function in my software had a software lock on it, in other words additional checks that a flash write was desired and it wasn't some strange behaviour.

It all depends on where the ESD is getting in for your board. There is no one-size-fits-all protection for this type of problem.

You need to do tests, perhaps in a lab to see if you can reproduce the issue.

As a temporary attempted fix, you can try to remove or make any flash write code more robust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back