Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Correct orientation of a power factor chip (L6561)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can I tell what is the correct orientation of a L6561 power factor chip? Please see the following pictures:

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

In the first picture the destroyed L6561 can be seen, however, since it burned I cannot see any labelling on it, even under a microscope. I have a new replacement L6561, but what is the correct orientation?

The circuit diagram for the circuit can be found here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/207782153/Dell-2407-WFP-Power-Supply-Rev-A11-Schematic-Diagram

I've tried to look at this diagram but sadly I can't figure out what the orientation should be.

This is a problem I encountered as part of repairing the power supply for an LCD, the original thread is here:

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/repairing-a-dell-2407wfp-lcd.149287/

Last edited:
sometimes the top of the chip will have an indicator such as a dot or a tab,

since you have schematic another thing you can do here is trace which node leads to transistor Q654, that will tell you where pin 8 is, and the rest will fall in to play

From the pcb silk screen markings in the 2nd picture (with the chip removed ) pin 1 is bottom right. the marking on the new chip, either a small dot or a small indentation in the case will indicate pin 1.

pin1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back