Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cordless phone system

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELauria

Can an extension antenna be added to a 2.4 Gig phone system so that I can use an extension in my cellar?

cordless phone

And what if there is no external antenna Jack? How can I attach one and maintain the proper impedance?

Re: cordless phone

ELauria said:
And what if there is no external antenna Jack? How can I attach one and maintain the proper impedance?

You have BIG problems!.

The high frequencies make it far more difficult, way back down at 145MHz you adjust aerials by cutting off a few mm at a time - at 2.4GHz you would need to be trimming small fractions of a mm for the same effect.

This supposes you have the required test equipment to do so at these frequencies?.

2.4 Gig Phone System

I have another base station with an antenna that should be the right size. What cable should I run to the cellar to connect the antenna and how do I connect to the existing antenna up stairs and would the connection change the impedance of the system?

Re: 2.4 Gig Phone System

ELauria said:
I have another base station with an antenna that should be the right size. What cable should I run to the cellar to connect the antenna and how do I connect to the existing antenna up stairs and would the connection change the impedance of the system?

You use coaxial cable suitable for the frequency in use, and of the correct impedance for the aerial and phone. Usually the impedance is 50 ohms.

As to how to connect it, presumably the aerial has either a coaxial cable coming out of it, or a socket to plug a cable in?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back