Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cordless charger?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overclocked said:
Holy crap you can make your own...

**broken link removed**

yes that link is what i wanted to put at a new topic :)

That article makes a good point, but think about it. There are millions of RF signals being transmitted, including Noise and sound waves. So what if we could put that energy to good use? That will probably be the future, not gas, not electric, probably not even hydrogen.

What about magnetism, The earth has a magnetic field cant that be put to use?

Attachments

• g-epn14550.jpg
    g-epn14550.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 586
Overclocked said:
That article makes a good point, but think about it. There are millions of RF signals being transmitted, including Noise and sound waves. So what if we could put that energy to good use? That will probably be the future, not gas, not electric, probably not even hydrogen.

What about magnetism, The earth has a magnetic field cant that be put to use?

i am not sure if i could understand you correctly!
but if we could find how we can amplify these small signals(electromagnets)then separating is very easy,using only a special filter...

epilot said:
but if we could find how we can amplify these small signals

There's no such thing as an 'amplifier', they don't actually 'amplify' anything - all they do is make a larger copy by modulating the power supply.

Think of it as a photo-copier! - you can 'amplify' your small picture, but you have to ptovide the larger paper, the toner, and the electricity to run the copier.

You can certainly charge batteries via RF, but the inverse square law applies - to do it over 100m you could blast high power out of a highly directional arial, and use a similar highly directional aerial at the receiver to feed a rectifier and charge the batteries. However, it's not very efficient, and you're likely to fry anyone walking inbetween :lol:

Nigel Goodwin said:
epilot said:
but if we could find how we can amplify these small signals

There's no such thing as an 'amplifier', they don't actually 'amplify' anything - all they do is make a larger copy by modulating the power supply.

Think of it as a photo-copier! - you can 'amplify' your small picture, but you have to ptovide the larger paper, the toner, and the electricity to run the copier.

You can certainly charge batteries via RF, but the inverse square law applies - to do it over 100m you could blast high power out of a highly directional arial, and use a similar highly directional aerial at the receiver to feed a rectifier and charge the batteries. However, it's not very efficient, and you're likely to fry anyone walking inbetween :lol:

no Nigel, my mean about amplifying was not a real amplifier device like what we use in the radio and TVs my mean was if we could concentrate and focus these air electromagnets then perhaps we could use from them...

why a such device will fry people? it is electromagnetic so?

epilot said:
no Nigel, my mean about amplifying was not a real amplifier device like what we use in the radio and TVs my mean was if we could concentrate and focus these air electromagnets then perhaps we could use from them...

You can get gain from an aerial, essentially it narrows it's acceptance angle - you can use a huge dish to collect more actual signal and focus it for best performance. But you need to do the same on the transmitter as well, if it's omni-directional then only small amounts of power could be collected (as the vast majority of it has gone elsewhere).

I think the Russians cheated with their "Single Wire Transmission of Power". Look how close the receiver's antenna is to the (metal?) wall. :lol:

The "Splashpad" is just a coil in the mousepad and another coil in the mouse. They make a transformer through a very small distance (less than 1mm) of air.

epilot said:
http://www.tsgc.utexas.edu/tadp/1996/general/wpt.html

that paper describes about a wireless power transmission way
that can generate more than 50W of power this means nore than 13A at 3.6V so if that is possible then there is no problem!but...
oops!

Just as I described above, high power transmission, and highly directional transmit and receive aerials - and the amount of power received is subject to the inverse square law.

epilot said:
http://www.extrememhz.com/bfmouse2-p1.shtml

i think that mice are a good example of wireless transportation
although yet i dont know how they transmit and recive the signals without any battery?

The article you posted the link to explains it?.

Nigel Goodwin said:
epilot said:
http://www.extrememhz.com/bfmouse2-p1.shtml

i think that mice are a good example of wireless transportation
although yet i dont know how they transmit and recive the signals without any battery?

The article you posted the link to explains it?.

oops!?

I don't think an RF signal is sufficient to charge anything, so I'm afraid coils are out.

I have an idea. It may be temporary, but charge up a bunch of capacitors, and when you need a battery, use a capacitor every 5 or 10 seconds.

or go with my other method of using solar panels.

I do know that both ideas are ridiculous, but hey, at least it is better than no power source.

mstechca said:
I don't think an RF signal is sufficient to charge anything, so I'm afraid coils are out.
You don't need RF to use coils to couple power from a mouse pad to power the mouse on top of it. An ultrasonic frequency would require
coils small enough. The magnetic coupling is good because they are so close to each other.

audioguru said:
mstechca said:
You don't need RF to use coils to couple power from a mouse pad to power the mouse on top of it. An ultrasonic frequency would require
coils small enough. The magnetic coupling is good because they are so close to each other.

i would like to know more about ultrasonic power transportation

epilot said:
The primary coil is in the mouse-pad and the secondary coil is in the mouse which is spaced a very short distance away. It is a transformer with a small gap.

audioguru said:
epilot said:
The primary coil is in the mouse-pad and the secondary coil is in the mouse which is spaced a very short distance away. It is a transformer with a small gap.

but this is not ultasonic, that is a induced way!
like a primary and secondary coil
but i thought you was talking about ultrasonic waevs using ultrasonic mic and...?

They use an ultrasonic high frequency so that the transformer halves are small and light-weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back