Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cordless charger?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
audioguru said:
They use an ultrasonic high frequency so that the transformer halves are small and light-weight.

can not to see how it does work?
or what that ultrasonic does there?!
can you direct me to a link to learn more please?

You could make a primary coil with a ferrite core for high frequencies in the mouse-pad and driven from an ultrasonic power amplifier, and the secondary would also be a coil with a ferrite core in the mouse. The coupling through air is very small so the transformer would be very efficient.

If you used 50Hz or 60Hz like the mains then the transformer halves would be big and heavy.

audioguru said:
You could make a primary coil with a ferrite core for high frequencies in the mouse-pad and driven from an ultrasonic power amplifier, and the secondary would also be a coil with a ferrite core in the mouse. The coupling through air is very small so the transformer would be very efficient.

If you used 50Hz or 60Hz like the mains then the transformer halves would be big and heavy.

oh i think i can understand you now,thanks.

but how many votage and current would be enough for these kind of mouses and how many voltage the receiver coil will generate

Well considering most mouses work on 5V (USB and ps2), the transformer would either be a Isolation (1:1), or a Step down transformer. I doubt a step up would be used

Overclocked said:
Well considering most mouses work on 5V (USB and ps2), the transformer would either be a Isolation (1:1), or a Step down transformer. I doubt a step up would be used

does anyone have any link about these things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back