Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking ahead here... *sigh* I need to convert and do this in binary don't I.
Ah well it was an enjoyable challenge!

The method that I used has a mix of BCD and binary, which can get a bit confusing. I used BCD for the user entry of frequency, since it's entered digit by digit. This BCD value is converted to binary in the process of scaling by the clock rate factor. Then everything after that is done in binary. For the sweep starting frequency, to get half the centre frequency value, all you have to do is a right shift.

Hmmm, just been reviewing my implementation of your FTW generation algorithm. At no point does it produce a plain binary conversion of the BCD input. Looks like I need to put an extra conversion in there... grumble grumble....

Or adjust the FTW directly. Haven't tried to see how that would pan out yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back