Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converting Voltage to Resistance and vice versa

Status
Not open for further replies.

djstumerch

Hi everyone, I am wanting to use an LFO module I have created to modulate my wah wah effects pedal. I have been advised at university that I will need to change the voltage output from the LFO to a resistance. How will I do this? I know I will need to use a transistor but have no idea where to start?

My other query is where my output from the LFO will input to the wah wah?

Any help would be great. I have attached both schematics for both modules.

Attachments

• LFO asm1.pdf
    5.7 KB · Views: 105
  • Wah Wah.jpg
    Wah Wah.jpg
    572.5 KB · Views: 141
Are you asking how to modulate the resistance of VR1 (1k rheostat) in the attached thumbnail using the Square or Triangle output from the Oscillator (LFO)?

S1 is a SPDT.

The Wah circuit is just a filter with gain that is tuned by VR1. Note how the peak shifts downward from 2.3kHz to 700Hz as VR1 goes from 1Ω to 1000Ω, in steps of 200Ω, respectively. Presumably you want to use the Triangle wave from the oscillator to move the peak of the filter?

Attachments

• Wah.png
    Wah.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Hi, Mike thanks for your reply. We do want to modulate VR1 with output from the triangle or the square of the LFO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back